The City of London 2013/14 awards for projects using nature to enhance and improve local communities
A total of £2,500 prize money is being offered to projects which use nature to enhance and improve local communities and the lives of vulnerable or socially excluded people, generating positive outcomes such as health and well-being, new skills and knowledge, new relationships, and a sense of purpose and belonging.
Entries are invited for projects and initiatives in London that involve any one or combination of:
- GARDENING AND GROWING FOOD– for communal eating and small-scale enterprise
- LOOKING AFTER ANIMALS – bees, chickens, pigs, etc for the experience of care but also to farm
- NATURE-THEMED ARTS AND CRAFTS – woodcraft, photography, film-making, writing, etc
- EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES ABOUT NATURE AND WILDLIFE – including trips and excursions to teach people about flora or fauna.
- RECLAIMING AND DEVELOPING WASTELAND – projects initiated and led by residents and tenants
- "GREEN" EXERCISE – groups for walking, cycling, running, etc with a nature theme.