Even after 2015 and the end of the Community Organisers programme in its current form, our movement will continue to grow through the work of our professional body - The Company of Community Organisers (COLtd).
The movement grows (an animation)
The Community Organisers Company (or COLtd for short) is the member-led training and support organisation that is coming from the legacy of the Community Organisers programme.
The aims of COLtd are:
- Offering member services, such as a help-desk and regular information bulletins (you can check these out here)
- Providing training and mentoring for Senior Organisers (these are Community Organisers that have completed their training year and are continuing on in the work.)
- Building the case for and raising the profile of Community Organising in the UK.
- Brokering employment opportunities for Organisers.
- Training new generations of Organisers (in the future).
COLtd is currently in a developmental phase. We have a small team (you can meet them here) and we are directed by a board of Senior Community Organisers, representatives of Organisations that have hosted Organisers in the past or are currently hosting them and other stakeholder representatives such as Locality.
As the legacy body for the Community Organising Programme we are working with Locality on a transition strategy that will see COLtd becoming an independent body, supporting the Community Organiser movement!
We will be launching in the Summer of 2015, and between now and then we are piloting and prototyping support and training for our members, developed through listening to what our members need and want. We will also be offering taster sessions for people interested in seeing more of Community Organising.
If you’re interested in knowing more about COLtd, please drop us an email on email@example.com